No outfit is complete without the right pair of shoes, and nowhere is this more important than a wedding. No matter how lovely a wedding dress it, it needs the perfect pair of wedding shoes to complete the look and make you look absolutely fabulous. Wedding shoes come in all sorts of designs and you are sure to find more than one pair that you simply must have for your special day.
There is a mind-boggling array of designer wedding shoes available to choose from, but it is not easy to select the right one because there are so many different factors to be considered. These shoes can be quite costly but they are definitely worth the price and the hard work you’ll have to put into selecting them.
- The design of the shoe is very important because it has to match and enhance the look of the dress. If the dress has a lot of detailing then the shoes should be relatively simple and elegant looking. Similarly, if the dress is chic and has very simple lines then you can be a bit daring with the shoes and select a pair that is embellished with crystals, pearls or even silk flowers.
- The preferred colour for wedding shoes is white, but there many different shades of white available. Never make the mistake of buying the shoes without bringing the dress along because you’ll need to be absolutely sure that the colours match well. If you want the shoes to have a lot more usability then go for colours such as champagne, ecru, or silver, after first making sure that they go well with the dress.
- The shoes should look good on your feet and not just on the mannequin. Make sure that they are absolutely flattering.
- Comfort is very important because you’ll be on your feet for most of the wedding, and this can take up to a few hours. It’s hard to relax at one’s own wedding to begin with, and uncomfortable shoes can make you feel absolutely miserable. However, designer shoes tend to be very well made and you shouldn’t have too much of a problem wearing them unless the shoe in question has a really odd design.
- Designer wedding shoes are unlikely to come very cheap, but you’ll be able to find the best possible pair at a good price if you shop around for them. This is sure to take up a lot of your time but you will be able to find the most affordable and suitable pair. As a matter of fact, you can also keep track of discount sales and promotional offers to snag a pair at a good price. Keep in mind, though, that this might not be possible if your wedding is scheduled for very soon.
You are sure to have a lot of work before your big day, but you need to earmark time to put together the perfect dress and matching accessories. If you know how to shop right then you might just get what you want without exceeding your budget.